Monday, July 13, 2009

hp5

no.105 Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix

Just need to say - I'm not a fan of David Yates and I'm not happy he's directing the last four. Period.

I really didn't like OtfP when I saw it the first time in the theatre. I know it was important to establish Harry's isolation, fear, anger, but man, even now, I think it's overpowering and taken to the extreme. I didn't like how everything went down at the Ministry, but then again, when it comes to HP, the adaptation is so difficult for most of us. Despite the computer wizardry, I think I like OftP the least.

With that being said, Harry's dream of Voldemort in the train station, man he looks good in black on black (that's a lyric and it's driving me crazy that I cannot remember the song!)

Since we've all seen the film and I don't want to be a negative nelly, I'm going to list some things I really liked:
  • Creepy kittens and pepto painted brick walls
  • Luna - she's really a beautiful character, she can afford to cut to the chase, she's not afraid of people and if they do or do not like her. She's so beyond her years and can ask adult questions - she's a great foil for Harry's pain/loss of parents.
  • Umbridge's little ditty as she's walking through the castle "fixing" - it's like a "Whistle While You Work"!
  • The DA isn't about fighting, it's about believing in yourself.
  • Grawlp & Hermoine = King Kong & Fay Wraye
  • Shacklebolt "You may not like him, but you've got to admit, Dumbledore's got style." If they would have known he was gay...this would have been fitting!
"You're not a bad person. You're a really good person who bad things have happened to. Beside, the world isn't split in two, good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside us, what matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." - Sirius to Harry

No comments: