Saturday, July 11, 2009

hp 2

no.103 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

All hope has NOT been lost! I felt much better about re-watching HP2, the magic was there. The kids had grown so much between 11 and 12, though. I actually had to stop the movie to make sure I hadn't skipped a year :)

The second Chris Columbus movie wasn't as B movie-ish, thank goodness (the fx were much better!) Although darker (which can be said for every book and movie as they progress), I was glad to see Ginny make her real debut as part of the pack. Knowing how the entire HP saga ends, it's interesting to look back and see how characters make a tiny appearance, sometimes with no real lines, just a nod, with the purpose of just pushing them into the frame for a minute so that you'd know who they were when their story line becomes important in the future.

When they were casting, I was SOO hoping that Hugh Grant would sign on as Lockhart. Although Kenneth Branagh did just a great job, I still think Hugh IS Lockhart. The casting team does do such a great job...

BTW, this is the point where you think Wood is going to be really hot and you feel back for thinking Tom Riddle is! Then again, I had a bad thing for Alan Rickman, which is wrong beyond all wrongs. Seriously.

EDIT!!! I just read on imdb that Hugh Grant was the first choice! WOW, I remember visualizing Lockhart as Grant when I was reading the book. I'm so glad to know that I was right on the money!!!

No comments: