Wednesday, July 8, 2009

firestarter

no.96 Firestarter


I can't believe I've never seen this until just now! I was a huge Uncle Stevie fan growing up, but this is one book I missed. Then I got over King for authors like Keroac. What's funny is I'm going back to King and his amazing storytelling this summer by finally picking up The Stand. Anywho, there's a long gag about optioning King's books just to make a flat movie. Don't know if that's the case in particular here, but I dug it. I love watching older films and their visual effects. It's amazing how far along film magic has come, from fireballs to Transformers.

Drew Barrymore is adoreable, but you can see the actor that she will become. There were characteristic features, looks, ticks, if you will, that we see in the 34 year old woman now producing her own films (despite her not being in the cast.) Most kids grow out of their look, but she is just a little version of her.

No comments: