Thursday, July 16, 2009

benjamin button

no.110 The Curious Case of Benjamin Button


I throughly enjoyed David Fincher's tale of a very different and special man. Unfortunately, I was in horrible pain and debating whether or not I was going to head to the hospital, I'm hoping I can remember all the great things I wanted to note! (I'm okay, but it was one of those " the last time I felt like this they took my gall bladder out immediately. Could it be my appendix? TBD)


At some point, I believe I read that much like Marvel Comics, it's taken a long time to be able to represent this story accurately and at it's best because the technology wasn't there. Brad Pitt's acting was seamless with the stand in body actors, I can only assume it was so on a big screen or he wouldn't have gotten an Oscar nod. The beauty in the situation, how a child had such an understanding of life and death, raised as he was, and his perception of life was refreshing, new, lively.


Both Tilda Swinton and Cate Blanchet were outstanding as the two loves of Benjamin's life. Foils, perhaps, but both captivating and nourishing his soul.

No comments: