Friday, February 27, 2009

81st is all hugh

81st Oscars.

I was teaching, off at a Catholic Retreat center (ugh) so I couldn't sit and watch the telecast - thank God for DVRs! I got to see a bit with rabbit ears, but finally finished it this morning.

One word. Hugh-hag. I was over the moon to see him used to his full ability. Unlike the Tony's, he didn't make the point that people expect Wolverine and he's all song and dance. I think his talents spoke for themselves and the industry was pleasantly surprised. I loved the look and feel, production was scaled back yet elegant and beautiful. Loved seeing the back stage wall, lots of flat screens hung - I thought the telecast montages were seamless, I just wonder how they played out for the actual audience.

And to think, I passed up the job of PM at the Kodak. Was I crazy or what? Actually, that was a really bad time, which is why I passed it up... All the Oscar nights I would have been a part of, wow.

No comments: