Sunday, February 8, 2009

converstions with (other) women

no. 23 Conversations With Other Women.

I'm not even going to bother looking up more info on this film...plainly, I loved it! I wish it wasn't on cable, I had the DVD because I'd love to hear more about the split screen/perspective it was shot in, the decision, etc, but right now, I just want to love it. Yeah, strangely enough, I'm going to be happy not digging deeper for answers, go figure.

I tuned in for Aaron Eckhart, I really like him. On the other hand, I really dislike Helena Bonham Carter - I mean her. She's a great actress, I've enjoyed her performance in nearly every piece, but there's something about her that I dislike. Maybe I was sympathetic to her in this because of her look, she's in a pink dress, her hair is lighter, dunno.

I loved the play between memories of the past up against the recollection, the correction, the mistakes made. The duality in both characters, the surprises, perception vs. truth, all played out so well. I don't know why I didn't a. know about this film, b. hadn't seen it yet. It's definitely deserves multiple viewings, I'm sure I'll take something new away.

All in all, this broke my heart. Although, the (Other) part in the title confuses me. Plus, I secretly wished for the two perspectives to become one at some point. The hopeless romantic in me, I guess...

No comments: