Wednesday, February 4, 2009

LOST ep 4 the little prince

Oh my fucking god!!! I don't even know where to start with tonight's episode! Although I felt like we didn't make any progression, maybe we did. I can't really process it all, the episode was nothing I expected, so let's look at my notes and see if that helps.

The Little Prince - although I'm SURE it's a homage to the book, the episode was about Aaron, not Danielle.

in 2004, on Penny's boat:
Kate - wow, it's her idea to say Aaron's her son. "I can't lose him, too."
J - "Sawyer's not dead." Kate - "But he's gone."
Kate - "I have also been with you." awww

Off the Island:
Sun - wow, she's got surveillance photos of Ben and Jack, and a gun delivered under the chocolates. She puts Aaron in the car, heads to Long Beach with the intent to kill Ben. In the teaser for next week, we know she pulls the gun. (and Ben's got a surprise for her!!) BUT, she played the great scape goat to...

BEN - who's still pulling all the strings. The lawyer, Claire's mum's lawyer, is Ben's lawyer, leading Kate straight to him with a carrot on a string. Dan (from My So Called Life) is going to get Hurley out of the hoosegow.

Kate - doesn't surprise us in the fact that she's gone back to running, stalking the bad guy, etc.

Sayid - dude, the mf was out. Three Special Ks, 42 hours. We know he is truly worried about keeping Hurley safe.

Jack - suspended on possible possession and substance abuse! Go figure, he's getting dealt what Daddy should have. He still has to fix things, like Claire's mum, which he totally fucks up. "I can fix this, Kate. Aaron is my family, too."

42 Panorama Crest - Kate's address, found in Sayid's attacker's pants. Go Team Ben.
Long Beach Marina, Slip 23. Way to use the numbers.

I loved the whole - Jack brings Kate. Kate sees Ben...and Sayid, then freaks. Jack says he's with me, here to help everyone we left behind. Then Kate gets the carrot, which Ben shrugs with a what-did-you-expect eye roll. Cue, Sun & Aaron! The dead guy's in the van, they just need to pull the crazy guy out of the hole.

On the Island:
Temporal sickness? Daniel says that the nose bleeds are neurological, that the internal clock is being thrown off by the jumps, really bad jet lag, although he doesn't know why it's only Charlotte. "Thank god. [it's not happening to all of us]"...but it is! Next Miles, then Juliette. Daniel tells Miles that he thinks it has something to do with exposure and time on the island. Miles says he's never been to the island before two weeks ago. OF COURSE Daniel asks, "Are you sure?" ha!

Locke - he believes that since the jumps started with the FDW at the Orchid, he thinks that if he replicates Ben's actions, he can stop it. I love the line - "I have to make them come back even if it kills me." He knows that's what its going to take, I just love how he delivered the line to Sawyer, almost Ben like, not really.

Sawyer really wants to know what Ben's going to say to bring Kate back because she was pretty excited about leaving.

We witness our first vision of the past!!! Locke knows WHEN they are because of the light from the hatch. Daniel knows what's up, but he follows Locke's lead. Sawyer sees Claire giving birth...and jumped before he could say anything! Locke and Sawyer kinda talk about it, as much as Sawyer ever talks. It shows so much about their character and intention. Sawyer asks Locke something about why he didn't go back to tell himself that it was just a light...to save yourself a world of pain. Locke "No, I need that pain to get where I am now."

I know the Joopers will already have gone and watched that scene, but I'm curious if there is a whisper. I don't think so, it was only Sawyer looking on and the poor guy was doing all he could to not spill over and cry. Juliette tries to get him to talk about it, ask what it was like seeing Kate again. "I was close enough to touch her - I could have talked to her." "Why not?" "What's done is done." Man, my heart really bleeds for Sawyer. He really does love Kate, maybe the first time he really, truly has. I must give her credit, Juliette can be really nice.

Ajira Airlines - this has been flirted with. We know there's an Ajira water bottle in the outrigger on the beach, which the gang steals...to be ensued once they jump into the storm...and get shot out. Juliette can shoot a rifle, what can't she do?

Lots of good lines, but Sawyer, always, has the best.
#1 "Time travel's a bitch."
#2 (upon being shot at and then jumping) "Thank you lord!"
#3 (upon jumping into a storm) "I take that back!"

Oh yeah, can't forget about Danielle's team, in a rubber raft, pulling JIN to safety as he's face down on a piece of driftwood. Great to see the reveal of a young girl in a brown sweater pull off her rain coat and she's preggers! I swear I saw a violin case in that raft. My french is horrible, I can't wait to see what the dialogue translates to...

No comments: