Friday, February 13, 2009

dutchess!

no.27 The Dutchess

Skinny little Ms. Knightley manages to get period pieces off and into bed quicker than I could possibly conceive. Granted, I dig her period pieces, it's kinda her bag. Although, I really liked The Jacket, and she pulled off the indignant Domino. Atonement is my favorite Ian McEwan novel and it was poured most beautifully onto the screen. Maybe this is more about Keira's body of work (ahem) then this film in particular...

All in all, this is great eye candy, in a girly way. The costumes are awe inspiring. Hair and Makeup? Do die for. In fact, I may have to re-watch for some new pink and girly mirror inspiration. Even Ralph Fiennes isn't so bad to look at (I'm a sucker for The English Patient - I can't not watch it if it's on cable. Thank goodness it's been out of rotation; my will power was really vacant for too long.) Who am I kidding? I'm one of his biggest fans, I watch every one of his films. I believe I can find my rant about him en In Bruges somewhere (he was the silliest villain, I loved him!) Actually, Dominic Cooper was the nice thing to look at, since they didn't show any of Keira's skin, how unlikely!

Sadly enough, I had an On Demand voucher - I was looking forward to the extras.

No comments: