Thursday, February 5, 2009

who cares what you lost in the fire!

no. 22 Things We Lost In The Fire

Again, great showing by Benicio. I'm not sure I've ever seen something from him I didn't like. He played the character as sympathetic, but not pathetic. I'm still not sure what the motivation was moving into the garage - Audrey, Halle, is such a fucking cunt. Yes, you know me, I said it. Selfish. She's asked him to move in for purely selfish reasons. Her husband wouldn't give up on Jerry, she's trying to keep her husband alive and this is the one thing that he would do no matter what, be loyal to Jerry. She plays with him, it's cruel, her character is easy to hate. She pushes him back over the edge, even though she helps clean him up, send him to rehab, I couldn't like her. Even at the end. It didn't really make me feel (other than that little wink*wink started between her and Duchovny before he died), except for the kids. The writers were able to convey the connection between the kids and Jerry without being hokey, syrupy, Lifetime movie-ish.

Halle can act, although I thought this was so-so.

I really hated the music - it helped to push the narrative, the pain of loss, but it was so Lifetime and melodramatic. ugh.

I just looked at imdb and wiki, but neither mentioned Oprah. I'm sure if I look, this had her stamp of approval...

No comments: