Sunday, February 8, 2009

titus!

no 26. Titus

I've been a Netflix member since 2004 and I'm sure Titus has been in my queue since then. I've wanted to see the Julie Taymor version forever. Imagine my surprise when it actually showed up in my mailbox! Problem is, I didn't know Titus, I mean, I know the premise, but have never read or seen a production. When it comes to modern or overly stylized versions of Shakespeare, I really think it's important to know the material or you just get lost. Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened. I was so wrapped up in making sense of her stylistic choices, started taking notes - it ended up being that I couldn't enjoy it. An amazing cast, production, you name it. I'll have to come back and re-watch this another time when I'm not distracted and can enjoy it.

No comments: