Sunday, March 1, 2009

sicko

no. 30 Sicko

Watched this awhile ago, just never logged it. Dude, you gotta take Michael Moore with a grain of salt, as a Documentarian, he should be objective, but he's got an agenda and can be overly subjective. I'm not saying I don't enjoy his work, because I do. I was not the intended audience for this doc - every upper middle class, white collar needs to watch this and be moved to realise that there comes a social responsibility that we all must acknowledge. He's showing that the English and Canadians have a great system. The French, well fuck them, they have a nice life, period! I'm not saying this because I would be a recipient of the result if everyone pitched in, I'm saying it because when I made alot of money, I would have been willing to do my share.

There were plenty of beats that resonated with me, but none more so that thinking about my Father. I'm the classic over-functioner, even if I say "no, help," everyone expects that I will continue handling everything (it's a bitch.) I called my brother to remind him, I have so many medical issues myself, I can't work full time and don't have much of an income - what happens when Dad gets sick? I had to continually repeat myself, "You cannot count on me." There are days when I can barely take care of myself, how am I to take care of someone else if I can't get out of bed? I certainly don't have the money to support anyone. It made me really sad that I most likely won't know what to do, and my dad may suffer.

No comments: