Sunday, March 29, 2009

joss does well

I had questioned earlier what the big difference was in what Joss Whedon originally pitched as Dollhouse and the manifestation we're seeing on screen. Guess what? I don't think I care anymore. I'm getting into the story, it's got legs. I thought the concept of Echo's revolving DID might get old, but he's managed to weave in just enough mythos to keep it going. We're learning about Caroline, love that we're getting the FBI angle with Ballard. I actually was surprised to see yet another active behind the scenes.

Granted, I spend my Friday and Saturday night watching the whole season thus far saved on my DVR, I was super excited to see an old friend as a side note. It took about two seconds for me to realize that he got on screen via an old friend's ex-wife. Seems that since they split and I hadn't spoken to her, she got hired in casting for Buffy and voila! Here's your career. I can only assume that from what is now an impressive CV on imdb.

It's weird when I honestly can say I've never seen an actor before, especially when they have a long resume. Tahmoh Penikett was a mystery to me - he's been in alot, but actually not one thing I have seen. Sorry BSG.

No comments: