Monday, March 16, 2009

music...sweet music

Sometimes, I just love quiet. It's taken years and expensive meds to stop the static in my head. Nothing better than being in the kitchen, zen like calm with a sharp knife and my culinary genius. I love my new Dell, now that I've finally got everything working. One big (tiny) problem. The sound of the fan, the frequency, is one that sets me off. I have a substantial hearing loss, byproduct of a childhood coma (no, not fun). Yeah, it's easy to blame the loud music for years, but that's only contributed to tinnitus. I am missing alot of low end, I often get motion sickness from feeling bass but not hearing it (one Rap tour was enough for me. Never again.) I have off the chart high end, nearly doglike. I can hear a light bulb upstairs. Just another circus trick for me, I guess.

There is no way to sit in my office, enjoying the silence and just the tapping of my keys. Damn if I don't have to blare some Depeche Mode, even at that, I can still hear it, feel it. I'm hoping it will blend into the background (doubtful), but until then, I'm actually going to enjoy the music I've paid good money.

Just today:

James Blunt All The Lost Souls
Franz Ferdinand Tonight (Delux)
American Music Club The Golden Age
Hot Chip Made In The Dark
Lily Allen Its Not Me Its You

current - James Hunter The Hard Way. Do yourself a favor; if you don't have this, get it now.

Ironically, I have not listened to Enjoy the Silence today.

No comments: