Wednesday, January 28, 2009

wall-e

no. 21 WALL-E

I actually watched this over a week ago, but didn't want to post until I got the bonus DVD...

Totally should have gotten a best movie nod! So many good tags in this, what I say will come up way short. A spot on cautionary tale incorporating corporate greed, eco/social awareness, sloth. Great little bits with Hello Dolly!, Louis' La Vie En Rose. Sound, rather than dialogue, propels the story, God bless Ben Burtt, he's brilliant! I just watched Brazil, so the magnifined screen popped out (and found out it was a nice homage.) Eve is so elegant yet violent. Wall-e has the biggest heart, I really liked the physical/emotional comparison to ET. The Captain, a perfect example of what's happened to humanity, reaches out of the depth of complacence, "Sit here and do nothing? I don't want to survive, I want to live!"

No comments: