Monday, January 19, 2009

us of t

Honestly, I think I'm going to get rid of regular cable and just keep History International and pay cable. My favorite shows are on Showtime and HBO (or have already wrapped and I might get a re-run.)

United States of Tara is brilliant. And as I've already said today, as a crazy lady, that's like getting a Grade A stamp from the USDA - or a dentist giving thumbs up for Crest. The artist known as Diablo Cody would certainly be my best friend if we met. I love her EW column - she gave ShamWow a spot on her top five. Vince is getting lots of wear out of that one.

It hasn't come up on my radar yet, but I'll have to check with one of my policemen to see whether or not any of the big psych organizations are boycotting...and if they are, they are cutting their noses off. It's an honest depiction of a family who has decided to understand and tackle the issue of DID head on. Mom goes off her meds so that her family can understand why she has such difficulty and the alters that help her to cope. Cody consults with several mental health professionals on the scripts to make sure that she's pointing in the right direction, which I think is socially responsible and professionally respectable. It is funny as shit, I cannot articulate it in any other way. If you don't have SHO, find a way to watch it. Period.

"I just really resent picking up after them...the alters. The messes they make can be astounding. I mean, having multiple personalities is like hosting a kegger in your brain, only you're knocked out cold while everyone is just trashing the joint."

BTW - in looking for the link to the show, I found out that SHO has a site explaining DID and links. How responsible...and I'm sure legal strongly persuaded them that this little positive is much better than all the negative that could come...

No comments: