Thursday, November 13, 2008

too much nic cage

For someone who doesn't like Nic Cage, I managed to watch three of his movies in the past 36 hours. The movies have gotten horrible, his acting is horrendous. Wish he could take a step back to Leaving Las Vegas. He lived in my neighborhood at the beach, was my girlfriend's next door neighbor. I never met him, but hung out with his live-in trainer. I know why he still looks so damn buff, but the hair, come on! Here's the two of them together. Nic Cage is as overrated as Derek Williams, can't wait to see his NFL payday.

National Treasure Book of Secrets: At least this story has something behind it and is interesting, not just blah action. The supporting cast is great, too bad it's got Cage in it. I think Justin Bartha is adorable and Helen Mirren - her stories are as great as her acting.

Windtalkers: I was really hoping John Woo could do something with the fabulous story of the Navajo in the Pacific. I was really wrong. Pretty sure it's the worst war film I've ever seen. It had the look of a Lifetime movie. With that kind of money, you've got to do something. This was filmed after Band of Brothers - couldn't you have gotten the hint from this? Or even Saving Private Ryan? I could have written the Christian Slater/Whitehorse story line from the moment he commented on how beautiful the flute sounded. That's got to be the most pathetic jam session on film.

Ghost Rider: Marvel was getting there with this movie...learning how to be a real studio. Does Peter Fonda have to be cast in every bike movie? Sam Elliott is type cast, too, but it's good to see him on screen.

No comments: