Sunday, November 23, 2008

i love hugh

Now that I'm feeling the bonds of mono loosening...I went shopping today. What else does a girl who's done nothing but sleep every minute she's not working do when she finally feels well? Shopping, of course! At the market, I was reminded that I did not post Oklahoma!; I cannot believe that I sat through three hours, at the theatre is one thing -the singing was good but a London cast trying to do the dust bowl? The accents made me cringe. The reason I rented it was for one sexy reason - Hugh Jackman, who was was pretty damn good, total old school Hollywood triple threat. These days, actors who "try" to sing get slammed for it - who's to say they weren't going to be a musical theatre genius (hello, Zooey Deschanel).

I remember taking my boss' nine year old son to see X-Men on opening night in 2000. I felt down right perverted thinking what I was thinking while sitting next to a little boy, gasp! I do have a thing for "charming" men with stellar smiles and he does have chops (professionally and physically). Won a Tony for a gay songwriter (goes without saying he was married to Liza)? Got it. Plays a bad boy with a chip on his shoulder? Pulls it off (again?) Period pieces? Don't get me started on The Prestige - Christoper Nolan's version was fabulous and the book - wow! Not everyone can tackle Darren Aronofsky (I wrote something great about that!) Oscar caliber? We'll see what Baz and holiday film season does. I'm not embarrassed to say I've seen everything, post OK; let's face it, I watch everything as a rule. I like him scruffy and suited up, drawn and drawn on, Memphis and Curly. It's interesting to see him pull off Wolverine then do a stint on Broadway. I think that's why I dig him so much, he's not your typical, run of the mill, Hollywood A-lister. Actually, I don't know if he'll really make the big-dick-A list until he stops singing and dancing. MEN who pay to see real MEN in movies still think that's a little gay.

Wow, I think I have a hard on. If only he was 160+, inked and lived down my street. Hell, let's face it, 140 IQ would be just fine. Someone who has the ability to throw his kid in the surf and wave his freak flag is the man for me. That is so wrong. Seriously, if he comes out, I will say, well...and I'll cry. You must watch this-no flash in the pan. SJP is adorable!

No comments: