Tuesday, December 16, 2008

train - spotting scottish stars

I don't think I've really watched Trainspotting in it's entirety since I graduated college, which means a long time. It's one of those films which you turn on 2/3 of the way through and still want to watch the end. I caught it at the beginning tonight and was so happy to have watched it through. MAN! The Scottish brigade was out in full force; so many great actors are in this. Gerard Butler wasn't, but I just saw a Men's Vogue piece where the journalist handed him the "It's shite being Scottish" rant. Hand in hand the things I see and read, no small coincidences in this world.

Ewan McGregor, it doesn't take a genius to know he can eat crackers in my bed any old day. He can sing, dance and wield a lightsaber. How can a girl not gush? Stay is one of my favorite films, he can literally rock a period piece (as a dashing poet or Iggy Pop wannabe), pull off a great 60s and turn of the century London look - the whole Long Way Round brings him full cycle for me, ha!

Kelly MacDonald! I totally forgot about her turn as the little teenage slut! She can do a west Texas accent better than the real thing. She's so adorable!
Spud - that dude has been in some great films! Woody Allen, Julien Donkey Boy, Snatch...total past blog - he was the crazy comb guy in the Lost Room.

I really like Danny Boyle, cannot wait to see Slumgod Millionaire.

No comments: