Friday, December 19, 2008

hulk...the incredible type

I watched the reboot of the Hulk franchise a couple weeks ago, but didn't want to report it until I watch the bonus features (of which I really liked what Marvel did with the Iron Man 2nd disc.) First off, it comes as no stretch to realise that I dig Edward Norton, actor, writer, director, producer, auteur. When he signed on for the movie, whoa, my eyes rolled, especially when he was JUST an actor. There were tons of media reports about clashes - of which I read the first few and didn't bother (one had to do with a writing credit.) How can you possibly hire an actor who normally does just about everything and expect that he's going to keep his mouth shut...especially when it's Edward Norton.

All in all, I really liked what they did with the film. CG was amazing, every film seems to be creating new soft/hard ware to really expand the field. Louis Leterrier was right in there, his camera antics were established in Transporter and Hulk definitely solidified that title. I was really skeptical about Tim "Honeybunny" Roth pulling off any type of action figure, but he was mean. His kids can be proud when he drops them off at school, for sure. Liv Tyler eyes couldn't become more expressive, she's really cornered the market, hasn't she?

After watching the deleted scenes - whoa, this could have been a totally different movie. If that's why there was a fall out, I can totally see it. Marvel streamlined the Betty plot by cutting out all the boyfriend scenes, some of which really show the heart, the emotion, the conflict inside Banner. I really like the final edit, however, I'd love to see an alternate edit done. The Norton clips made it seem like there was no rumble...

No comments: