Sunday, December 14, 2008

aimee/rudolph/harvey's schlong

Lots to pack in today. XPN aired Aimee Mann's X-mas extravaganza as recorded at the Mann in Phila. All in all, I thought it was horrible. Terribly corny, especially with the addition of Nelly McCay. She totally sang a "don't cut down and kill another tree, you don't need to kill an animal to have a good holiday dinner" rant. It was retched. I think Aimee Mann is a brilliant song writer, but I have to say that I would definitely not see her live. Her voice is so fragile; it border lined on staying in key, I don't think she knows where her diaphragm is (well, the truly biological one.)

As I was decorating - mind you, I decided not to pull out and put up a big tree this year. My sis in law thinks it's so grinchy of me, but I'm not going to have any company, just me. No need to do more than my little tree. Although, that little tree took me two hours and I didn't put lights on it this year. I put on Rudolph and Frosty for a little holiday spirit, then just before going to bed, The Piano was on Stars. I couldn't not watch it - the script is so beautiful, Holly Hunter shines, using every ounce of her body to speak for her as she is mute.

Granted, I love the movie, but going from Rankin Bass (Rudolph contains some of my favorite songs of all time) to seeing Harvey's manhood? WOW, that was not a great transition to bedtime.

No comments: