Tuesday, December 2, 2008

driving

I was super happy that I was able to keep an All Things Considered signal all the way to my brother's the night before Thanksgiving. This is generally a good time to listen to the old iPod, but I always give in to good news.

Real music on the way home...

Damien Rice, O. This is a magnificent album, haunting, beautiful, just gorgeous. I can't see one flaw to the entire piece.

Donna Summers. I needed a little pick me up and energy. Bad Girls and Hot Stuff are a great example of catching lightning in a bottle. My mom and dad were total disco nuts - they were young and completely in the scene. We lived down the road from the drive-in; I believe mom said we sat and watched Saturday Night Fever thirteen times off the road, with no music, so that she could learn the moves to teach my dad at home. Disco is such a big part of good memories as a kid - I know there aren't many of us out there.

Bob Dylan, Nashville Skyline. I just love this album. Nothing more.

No comments: