Wednesday, October 22, 2008

today's consumption...

Kathleen Edwards Asking for Flowers
The Ting Tings We Started Nothing
The Killers Hot Fuss

Be Kind, Rewind: Not nearly as bad as the reviews claimed, it's just not the feel-good movie of the norm. Do yourself a favor and watch the (only) extra "Passaic Mosaic" and see how the community was impacted by the film.

I'm Not There: I'm not a Dylan fan. That doesn't mean I don't like Dylan; I've only listened to about 1/7 of Dylan's recordings. I'd be a big poser if I claimed to be. But I know ABOUT Dylan, his story, the ups, downs, relationships, accidents. The film perfectly wove the whole multiple persona of Robert Zimmerman, trickster, poet, rocker, isolated hermit. Beautifully filmed.

Various Entertainment Weekly reviews.
Ginger Gold apples and peanutbutter.

McCain Hopes He Has Friends In Pennsylvania :)

No comments: