Friday, October 24, 2008

got milk stout?

This is a Greaze delite! Maggie & Drew are running behind giving me the perfect opportunity to enjoy a few handcrafted beers. I first became enamoured with Lancaster Brewing Co when I was at Penn State. I had already started ordering two Guinness pints at a time so that the second was my preferred temp (or Yuengling Porter is it was on tap.) Milk Stout was on tap at Cafe and I think I might have been the only one drinking it. That summer, I produced a beer fest at Tussey and became intimately aware of the LBC. I went home with multiple cases and a dumbfounded love for the coffee and chocolate blessed creation (along with what became a well worn tshirt). Fast forward to me moving back to PA a decade plus. I couldn't be happier to go home with a growler of the JUST completed (today!) seasonal and eat a beautiful piece of salmon wrapped in proscutio, broiled to perfection and garnished with sage butter with a side of red skinned mashed potatoes.

Bless the brewers in Lancaster Co! So much for the A-mish and shoo-fly-pie!

No comments: