Monday, October 27, 2008

DT

Today marks the birth of Dylan Thomas. I could pontificate about his creative streak, but I would rather leave you with some of my favorite quotes. Quite frankly, I feel he and I would have been smashing friends...

"A born writer is born scrofulous; his career is an accident dictated by physical or circumstantial disabilities."

"Somebody's boring me. I think it's me."

"He who seeks rest finds boredom. He who seeks work finds rest."

"I hold a beast, an angel and a madman in me, and my enquiry is as to their working, and my problem is their subjugation and victory, downthrow and upheaval, and my effort is their self-expression."

"When one burns one's bridges, what a very nice fire it makes."

"An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do."

No comments: