Monday, July 5, 2010

pathetic

Main Entry: pathetic
1. having a capacity to move one to either compassionate or contemptuous pity
2. marked by sorrow or melancholy: SAD
3. pitifully inferior or inadequate
4. ABSURD, LAUGHABLE

Right now, I think all four apply. My little experiment last year to document every movie I watched (and it had to be from beginning to end, I couldn't tune in three minutes after the opening credits) was interesting, to say the least. Enough so I have kept a log of every movie I've seen in 2010. Yet, this is my first post of the year, at the beginning of the second half. Over and over again in my life, definitely a reoccurring theme, is that of good intentions. Any more, I'm good for about 80% follow through (which on my terms, is very pathetic.) To borrow a phrase I saw on a friend's blog, all potential no kinetic.

Will I rectify the situation? Is there any merit in me logging films as I already did so for a year? Should I be cataloguing music and small screen instead? I haven't been up to my normal quota of the written word, either. How do I re-establish myself as a massive consumer of media? Get back in the saddle again. I tell no one of this blog, it's written only for me. If someone happens upon it by clicking "next blog," great for them. I'm not going to spent time outside like I did last summer - no gardening for me. Too late in the season with poor health. More time to gobble up media, eh? Let the games begin.

No comments: