Monday, July 5, 2010

book moratorium

I've done very well sticking with my 2009 New Year's Resolution so much so, it's stuck. I've only purchased two books in 2010, with justification. I had $15 gc at Borders and got an amazing sewing book and the fiction I bought was to push to free shipping, so, a necessary evil. But who can really call the written word e-vil? mwahhhhhhh

The sad news of this year's reading is that is has not been enough. I have at least four books started and set aside (then there were the two unfortunates that got ruined in the humidifier accident.) In the past year, I've really upped my magazine delivery. Despite cutting back the New Yorker and cooking mags, I added Wired, which I love, but it didn't help with scaling reading back. I've read a couple great books with Joopers, "Drood" being a great winter Gothic Mystery masterpiece. I surprised myself in really enjoying the stark black and white pages of "From Hell" - and has lead to what's on my desk this moment, "Hawksmoor."

No comments: